Asgarth Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Asgarth Forum

Asgarth MuOnline

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What is happening to the server?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mayhem
Asgarth Newbie

What is happening to the server? Empty
PostSubject: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 11:58 am

The server is dead. I think its time for rebranding.
Voting simply wont help. No one wants to join a server with 1-3 players online.
I believe a new name and DB Reset would bring back the community and also significantly increase the number of players in a very short space of time.
That is my opinion. Please give me yours...
Back to top Go down
Beer
Asgarth Newbie

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:34 pm

yes i agree

GG im 400 now

SkinFlute
Back to top Go down
Xurbus
Administrator
Xurbus

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 12:56 pm

What would you like me to do with the server?

I would like the opinion of the remaining players
Back to top Go down
http://asgarth.net
KaylaJee
Asgarth Newbie

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:44 am

Well i've been here since the very beginning of the server, and it has had players who show up and play for a while (til level 350 or so) then they get bored and leave. If we do a restart with a fresh database it might attract new players...but it also might scare them away...since they might be thinking...why was there a fresh reboot? If you do decide to do a restart then you should also think about rewarding players who stick with you through thick and thin Smile.

My opinion after that little rant, is that we should think about doing something whether it be doing a fresh reboot...or getting updated server files or something that would make people want to play...because in all honesty, not many people like playing for the fact of being able to remember the good old days, they want to have the newest.

So there is my two cents, hopefully you figure something out Xurbus! Smile

LE:

How the hell did SkinFlute get 400 that fast? (even with double exp it shouldn't have been that fast)
Back to top Go down
mayhem
Asgarth Newbie

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:15 pm

I like the idea of a fresh start, but we need to figure out how to keep these players that only play untill they reach 350 and then leave. I also agree with rewarding players who have stayed the longest but to some extent... How is that going to impact on a new player that joins, no one wants to join a server where some people have an advantage over others.
I dont like the idea of changing the server files. I like season 3, I like the customized armor. Maybe bring back the level requirment for 380 items. Its just another little perk at that level. The rena boss is also very nice but I think its too easy. Maybe change the drop rate or increase the amount of renas needed to get a prize.
So what are you suggesting about skinflute?
Its not hard to level on the server when you can get 200% exp on top of double exp in CC DS BC. I hit around 4k in DS and BC with scroll of might, so its pretty easy infact
Back to top Go down
Beer
Asgarth Newbie

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:24 pm

I agree with Mayhem (Althought S3E1 is my fav version Sad )

Yeah My horse skill at DS hits nearly 5k without elf buff, People in the server know how Active I am, I bought both BC and DS invites for credits Smile and we get double + double exp Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KaylaJee
Asgarth Newbie

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:40 pm

my point on you reaching 400...is that i asked you when you would start a DL...and you said once i got the items...that was less than 1 week ago...and now 400...
Back to top Go down
Beer
Asgarth Newbie

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:12 pm

This my point exactly, We're trying to get new ACTIVE paying loyal memebers into the server and instead we have our existing non active members falsely implying negative thoughts, attempting to drive people away. Stay on topic!
Back to top Go down
Xurbus
Administrator
Xurbus

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:21 pm

I will keep these files S3Ep1 ( 99.9% Bugless )

I will change anything that is needed ( Exp,Drops, Rena, Monsters Etc Etc...)
So is a Fresh Start the answer? I don't mind starting from 0, its all up to you guys

I would like a nicely done list of what you would like to see change in the server and we will discuss here among the 4 of us,
I would appreciate this , and I will wait to see what you guys like to be changed in order to start again
Back to top Go down
mayhem
Asgarth Newbie

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 2:05 pm

These are my opinions of what to change;
Make the rena event harder
Exp is fine
Drop is fine
goldens are fine
Runbles are fine
Lower the amount of spots to increase activity among players.
Remove the blue boxes that drop exc items or jewels.
Maybe add something like staying online gets you a reward. For example every 4 hours is 1 credit. This would help keep numbers online.
GM Events daily, to give small prizes like a couple of jewels to the winner. Biggers events on weekends.
Possibly increased drop rate on weekends by 20%
Update the news on the website more often, even if its just saying something random like ''Castle Seige this week'' or ''Dont forget Devil Square and Blood Castle is double exp.'' This way new players can see its an active server.
If we were to start fresh, give it a week or so, so that people can see a new start date on the news section.
If I think of any more I will add

Back to top Go down
Xurbus
Administrator
Xurbus

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 6:59 pm

Server Changes :

Make the rena event harder - DONE DMG / DEF INCREASED 50%
Exp is fine - DONE
Drop is fine - DONE
Goldens are fine - DONE
Runbles are fine - DONE
Lower the amount of spots to increase activity among players. - DONE Reduced Monsters in spots by 50%
Remove the blue boxes that drop exc items or jewels. - DONE
Maybe add something like staying online gets you a reward. For example every 4 hours is 1 credit. This would help keep numbers online. - Cannot be done in this version
GM Events daily, to give small prizes like a couple of jewels to the winner. Biggers events on weekends. - DONE
Possibly increased drop rate on weekends by 20% - Could be done by a server reebot every friday / monday
Update the news on the website more often, even if its just saying something random like ''Castle Seige this week'' or ''Dont forget Devil Square and Blood Castle is double exp.'' This way new players can see its an active server. - DONE

More things to be done, please add here and will be updated!
Back to top Go down
KaylaJee
Asgarth Newbie

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:58 pm

Fix Kundun hp/atk/def to make it a little more manageable for us...increase the drop rate for ancients just a little bit...its so hard to finish anubis/gaion/hyon...
Back to top Go down
KaylaJee
Asgarth Newbie

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:32 pm

as for starting back at 0...it isn't going to do much unless we have people who are going to start playing at that point...because it will just happen like it is now...people will get 400...noone will join and we will do this all over again

but if we do restart the server the ones that are here now (myself, arabella/barbarosa/alchimist, thanarion, etc.) should be given credits or an exc set+0 or weapon+0 or something that wouldn't put us too above the rest...but just enough to give us a reason to stick around
Back to top Go down
Xurbus
Administrator
Xurbus

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:33 pm

I will reduce by 25%
Back to top Go down
mayhem
Asgarth Newbie

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 8:58 am

We made this topic so we could increase the players on the server. You are being very negative! If we dont restart the new server with the new changes what should we do? So instead of acting like a child, put your ideas forward so we can help increase the players on server and the overall enjoyment.
Dont be so rediculous KayleJee. How do you expect new players to join if the admin is giving you special items because you were at asgarth from the start. I totally understand that credits should be given back because thats money that you put into the server.
Back to top Go down
Beer
Asgarth Newbie

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:17 am

I say remove Exe 380 items, 800 def with a +0 set is boring, maybe keep weapons but very rare drop
Back to top Go down
Xurbus
Administrator
Xurbus

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:45 am

i could always just remove all the items, keep the characters, just an idea! also i could change the rena from 5 to a higher number

Just please don't start a war over this, we can talk it out like humans
Back to top Go down
mayhem
Asgarth Newbie

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:05 am

I didnt mean to sound rude, Its just so hard to find a server that I really enjoy.
I just hope we can get an active server going again Smile
Back to top Go down
KaylaJee
Asgarth Newbie

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:15 am

I am thinking forward....if we restart we should do a beta test or something until we have a certain number of people who will play here...otherwise if we just do a restart...it will just stay the same (most likely) because people may or may not join...and those that are here will get to level 400 before people join the server to make it more active.

As for the exc 380...put them only on events (nightmare and crywolf)...in other words remove them from rena and put lower sets in there or just weapons possibly...that way it would force people to go and do those events

Crywolf mobs are overpowered too (we tried it a couple weeks back with Zeus helping us...and he couldn't even take a dark elf down)

Back to top Go down
mayhem
Asgarth Newbie

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 12:10 pm

I thought crywolf on this server was the same as global? I agree with kaylajee about the exc 380 items.
Back to top Go down
Xurbus
Administrator
Xurbus

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 1:40 pm

rena could be for jewels ( all randomly selected )

Also, would you like full wipe or just item wipe?
Back to top Go down
mayhem
Asgarth Newbie

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 1:49 pm

i personally would prefer a full wipe. But lets see what people say first
Back to top Go down
Xurbus
Administrator
Xurbus

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 2:34 pm

Use the server right now as BETA, report here
Back to top Go down
KaylaJee
Asgarth Newbie

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 8:18 pm

i would say full wipe but allow those that are here to keep 1 item...just a suggestion Smile non 380 item that is
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is happening to the server?   What is happening to the server? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is happening to the server?
Page 1 of 1